Accounts Support Specialist
POSITION PURPOSE: The Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center (MIWRC) is seeking an experienced, reliable, and detail-oriented individual for billing, processing and reconciling of Accounts to join our Finance Department. MIWRC billing areas include Section 8 housing, social services programs, chemical and mental health services. MIWRC has several grants & contracts at the county, state and federal government levels that require invoicing and reporting. Our Nokomis Endaad (Grandmother’s House) Outpatient Treatment Program and our Mental Health services require high volumes of data processing and tracking of their related accounts receivables. This position will also work with our third party billing service on biweekly billings of claims for these provided services.
This position will report directly to the Finance Manager and has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience processing Accounts Receivables and maintaining fund accounting on a computerized accounting system.
- Experienced in Chemical Health and Mental Health billing coding desired.
- Strong computer skills – MS Applications. Experience with accounting software desired. This position requires extensive computer use.
- Must be well-organized, analytical, thorough and have strong attention to details.
- Professional attitude & strong communication skills required.
- Knowledge and experience working with the American Indian community and our tribal entities desired.
- Must have no current problem related to alcohol or drug use.
- Must be willing to submit to DHS Rule #3, Criminal Background Study.
- Must have valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record and provide proof of auto insurance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES Include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, post, and submit timely invoices to governmental, private pay & Third party payers.
- Validate all charges and post all activity to client accounts and general ledger.
- Monitor contracts receivable and track budget performance with agency staff relative to program goals and contract guidelines
- Perform timely follow-up of open invoices with department directors and staff to achieve resolution of claims.
- Prepare aging receivables report monthly and ad hoc reports as requested. Responsible for maintaining accurate program specific databases and client records.
- Assist with preparation of year-end audit schedules and program audits as needed.
- Validate client eligibility and insurance coverage, as required.
- Create and manage confidential client files and records according to DHS rules and HIPAA guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Regular; Full-time; Exempt
SALARY: $35,000 to $40,000 DOQ
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and complete Employment Application to HR@miwrc.org, Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center, 2300 – 15th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55404; 612-728-2000; fax 612-728-2039.
Equal Opportunity Employer