Family Housing Worker - FHPAP
JOB SUMMARY: The Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center is a multi-service non-profit serving American Indian women and families with holistic, culturally-based programs and services. The Family Housing Worker will provide assistance to qualifying American Indian families in Hennepin County to obtain and maintain stable, permanent affordable housing.
- Experience working in FHPAP and/or Section 8 Housing required; experience working with homeless families strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in human service or related field preferred.
- Experience working with with American Indian/Alaska Native families
- Knowledge of case management systems and managing budgets.
- Strong technology/data base management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of community-based rental housing, school systems, and other resources
- Valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record and provide proof of auto insurance. Must have own vehicle and be willing to transport client families as needed.
- Must have no current problem related to alcohol or drug use.
- Must submit to DHS Rule #3, Criminal Background Study.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to exemplify professional conduct.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist a regular caseload of families in obtaining and maintaining stable and permanent housing.
- Develop working relationship and establish networks with landlords throughout the metro area.
- Coordinate childcare, transportation, apartment search assistance, moving assistance and any other resources for homeless families.
- Work closely with other MIWRC staff to coordinate direct services for clientele and homeless prevention strategies.
- Complete and maintain all program related paperwork, case management files, case notes, and other file related documentation.
- Collect and report data as required for position, including data collection and entry into the HMIS system.
- Respond to other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
REPORTING AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Family Housing Worker reports directly to the Director of Programs and has no supervisory responsibilities.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time; Regular; Salaried, Exempt
SALARY: Low $40,000s
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and complete Employment Application to HR@miwrc.org, Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center, 2300 – 15th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55404; 612-728-2000; fax 612-728-2039.
Equal Opportunity Employer