Family Housing Worker - FHPAP
JOB SUMMARY: The Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center is a multi-service non-profit serving American Indian women and families with holistic, culturally-based programs and services. The Family Housing Worker will provide assistance to qualifying Native American families in Hennepin County to obtain and maintain stable, permanent affordable housing.
- Familiarity with urban Native community and/or experience working with American Indian/Alaska Native families.
- Experience working with homeless prevention, rapid rehousing and/or housing advocacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in human service or related field preferred.
- Strong technology/database management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of community-based rental housing, financial assistance, and other resources.
- Valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record and provide proof of auto insurance. Must have own vehicle and be willing to transport client families as needed.
- Must have no current problem related to alcohol or drug use.
- Must submit to DHS Criminal Background Study.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to exemplify professional conduct.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist a regular caseload of families in obtaining and maintaining affordable permanent housing.
- Develop working relationship and establish networks with landlords throughout the metro area.
- Coordinate intake referrals, transportation, apartment search assistance, moving assistance and any other resources for homeless families.
- Work closely with other MIWRC staff to coordinate direct services for clientele and homeless prevention strategies.
- Complete and maintain all program related paperwork, case management files, case notes, and other file related documentation.
- Collect and report data as required for position, including data collection and entry into the HMIS system.
- Respond to other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
REPORTING AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Family Housing Worker reports directly to the Director of Programs and has no supervisory responsibilities.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time; Regular; Salaried, Exempt
SALARY: Low $40,000s
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter to
or mail both to:
Minnesota Indian Women's Resource Center
2300 15th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
MIWRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer